Friday, May 21, 2010

Rewrites, Robin Hood, & Martha's Vineyard

Other than this blog post, I have three things on my brain today: rewriting my novel, going to see the new Robin Hood movie tomorrow, and spending a few days on Martha's Vineyard next week.

My novel's rewrite is coming along wonderfully, with the help of some terrific (and thought-provoking) exercises in the Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook by Donald Maass. As with all renovations, my novel looks a mess right now. But I know what it will look like soon and it's going to be gorgeous!

I can't wait to see the new movie with Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett. I am a Robin Hood addict. It began at age 5 with Disney's animated version, and grew into an obsession with all things medieval. And it's all because of an animated fox.

I am also trying to get my ducks in a row to head off to Martha's Vineyard next week. Despite growing up in central Massachusetts, I've never visited the Vineyard so I'm excited to explore new territory.

Happy weekend!

Photo by Jo Jakeman
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails